listsofbests.com Privacy Notice
updated June 14, 2012
listsofbests.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting listsofbests.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Users Does listsofbests.com Gather?
We collect information that users submit to the site to create the listsofbests.com service. Additionally, the information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at listsofbests.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as creating the listsofbests.com service, customizing the site for you, improving performance of our site, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses listsofbests.com. Click here to see examples of the information we receive. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at listsofbests.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service, or enabling other services to work with ours, we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalization.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of listsofbests.com’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does listsofbests.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business. Whenever we deal with user information, we will always comply with applicable laws and regulations in doing so. We share user information as described below:
- Other Businesses: We work closely with other businesses, and we may share user information with those businesses. Future Web sites and services developed by The Robot Co-op will likely make use of user information.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail and analyzing data. They would have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that listsofbests.com or The Robot Co-op, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
Our site includes third-party advertising, and some of our advertisers use third-party companies to serve their advertisements that appear on our site. Often, these third-party advertising companies, called “ad networks” or “network advertisers”, employ cookie and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. We do not provide any user information to them, and we do not have access to or control cookies that may be placed by the ad networks. If you would like more information about the ad networks, including information about how to opt-out of their information collection, the National Advertising Initiative offers useful information on its Web site.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain listsofbests.com features.
- You can review the personal information you provide and make changes to that information, or to the settings for your account, at any time, by logging in to your account and editing the information on your profile page.
- You can change or edit your entries or comments the listsofbests.com Web site by clicking the edit link and saving changes to your entries and content or simply using the delete button.
- You can close your account by going to your profile page, clicking edit your account and following the instructions for removing your account. After you close your account, we will no longer display the information you provided.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, you can adjust your communication preferences by clicking the edit your account link from your profile page then clicking the share more information link and de-selecting the email preferences at the bottom of the page.
- The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Click here to explore products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
listsofbests.com is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not submit information about yourself to listsofbests.com.
The Robot Co-op, Inc.,
1122 East Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98122-3034
Related Practices and Information
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you use our service. This information may be entries, comments, or images you add to the service, as well as, account information. Such information might include your name, e-mail address, physical address, zip code, and phone number; your age and gender; and other personal information you choose to provide.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; and pages you viewed or searched for.