Library of Congress's "National Film Registry"
Since 1989, the Library of Congress has chosen up to 25 films covering a stunning range of American filmmaking – including Hollywood features, documentaries, avant-garde and amateur productions, films of regional interest, ethnic, animated and short film subjects – all deserving recognition, preservation and access by future generations.
As of 2013, there were 628 films selected. The films that are selected must meet two criteria:
1. they must be culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant
2. they must be at least ten years old
Films are listed alphabetically, with an index [as of 2013]:
1. Ab-Blac 5. Gol-Im 9. Ok-Pu 13. Wes-Za
2. Blad-Cro 6. In-Lav 10. Qu-Sherl
3. Cry-Er 7. Law-Mel 11. Sherm-Ter
4. Ev-Goi 8. Mem-Of 12. Tes-Wed