Listsofbests.com provides its products and services subject to your agreement to abide by the terms outlined below. Please read them carefully. Your use of the Site means your acceptance of this policy.
Please note that the Privacy Statement applies only to information collected via the Site. It doesn’t apply to information that you may submit to us by any other means or websites maintained by other companies.
Listsofbests.com reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In connection with your use of particular features or parts of the Site, you may be required to submit information that can personally identify you, such as your name, telephone number or address. For instance, you may be required to provide personal information that we may collect;
- Sign up to receive newsletters, e-mails or other communications,
- Register with us or create an account to have access to the Site or particular features or components of the Site,
- Request help or other assistance,
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes or promotions offered via the Site,
- Otherwise communicate with us via the Site such as commenting on the articles,
- Submit credit card or other payment-related information if necessary in connection with a purchase or other transaction.
We may collect some information that does not identify you personally when you use the Site, such as:
- Information about your computer, mobile device, or another device that you use to access the Site, which may include IP your address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information;
- Usage information about your use of the Site, such as a reading history of the pages you view,
- Search terms and search results,
- Demographic usage data such as age, gender and zip code via analytics applications,
- Additional traffic data such as date of access, time of access, session identification number, access times, software crash reports, and referring website URL.
Source IP Address/Location Information
As seen above, we may collect and store your device’s source IP address. It discloses the location of your device at the time you access the Site. Also, we may provide features on the Site that can deliver content based on your current location. Your current location will be stored on your device or web browser and will be used to serve you to view accurate content tied to your location. If you select to have your location-based searches saved to your sessions, we will store the information on our servers.
You have the ability to accept or discard cookies. Most modern web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser settings to reject cookies. If you delete the cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Site may not work as designed. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can see the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies to provide better advertisements about goods and services that may be of your interest. Those companies do not have access to visitor name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your usage of internet across other websites in their networks. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative to learn more about the use of this information or to opt-out not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Information From Other Sources
We may store information about you that we collect from third-party sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to customize the better experience with us and the Site.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Site is not intended to collect data from children under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you should not use the Site or send information about yourself to us.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information obtain from you to help us personalize and improve your surfing experience with us and to make certain features, activities or functionalities available to you. For example, we may use information we collect (including Personal Information) to:
- Send you newsletters and emails about our goods or services,
- Provide you with content and services that you inquire,
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies,
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Provide you with better advertising based on your activity on our Site or activity on third party sites and applications;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal,
- Optimize or improve our products or services and operations,
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyzes of users of the Site,
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information about features and enhancements of the Site.
We may use or store information about you that we receive from various sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to customize your experience with the Site better.
We may use your IP address and other location information to:
- Personalize newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, other companies’ products and services and special events;
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site;
- Personalize the advertising that you receive;
- improve or Optimize our products, services, and operations;
- Investigate and restrict activities that may violate the
policy or be illegal; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyzes of users of the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information and other information collected from you to our parent companies and affiliates.
We may provide Personal Information or other information collected from you to companies that provide support services or perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, analytics, processing credit card or payment transactions and providing customer service. These companies may need Personal Information to perform their functions.
We may disclose Personal Information and other information collected from you if required to do so by law or in good faith that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process and protect and defend our property rights or the Site or our users, and act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal rights of our employees or those of any of our partner companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, any users of the Site or the public.
We may disclose Personal Information in connection with a sale of some or all of the Site or our business, assets or equity or other disposition of our company or corporate change. Please see the section below entitled “Change of Ownership” for further information.
We may share Non-Personal Information in any other manner that we deem necessary. We may also disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties to determine how people use parts of the Site so we can improve our Site and customize the new products. We may provide user’s Non-Personal Information in aggregated form to our business partners and other third parties.
INFORMATION YOU MAKE PUBLIC
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as comment sections or forums, or that you otherwise post, display or disseminate that is publicly viewable across the Site, become public. Please be careful regarding what you disclose and do not reveal any Personal Information.
We use consistent efforts to protect Personal Information. For example, when we ask our users to provide credit card information for a transaction, that information is protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. However, no data protection system or transmission method can be guaranteed to be 100% safe. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information (including Personal Information) that we receive. We will not be liable for admission of any information due to errors in transmission or any act or omission of any third party.
GOVERNING LAW FOR NON-U.S. USERS
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
If you do not wish to receive announcements from us, you can opt-out at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request particular information concerning disclosure of their personal information to third parties for marketing objectives. For such requests, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.